Sunday, May 31, 2009

Hometown fish paste pan mee

Woke up at *blush* 11.30am today and heard a rhythmic sound coming out from my stomach - "guluk guluk pause guluk guluk pause" and I thought I could make a nice song out of it but unfortunately, I don't have any lyrics.

I ended up humming the tune "bangun pagi, gosok gigi..." and then took a bath and spent approximately 30 minutes fixing my hair! You see, I cut my hair yesterday, and I still can't accept the new look today. My colleagues are gonna laugh, definitely :(

As usual, I headed out to have a bowl of pan mee... this time at... hmmm I forgot the name of the place. OMG. It's in Puchong... name of the place is Puteri Mart (928 foodcourt). Well, me and my husband usually have our pan mee here if we didn't travel to Taipan. See google map:



When you're there, look for the Wet Market sign and turn in. The stall's located on the right and it's called Hometown Fish Paste Pan Mee (something different).




Here, I will always order the hand-shredded "ma lat" (spicy) pan mee. Ingredients include: Hand-shredded pan mee, slices of fish paste, spinach and anchovies. Unlike the Taipan one (my earlier post), this pan mee doesn't have the szechuan taste. In fact, it's a little salty. The soup looks a bit clear when served, so be sure to mix it first, if not you'll end up with a very clouded soup at the end of your meal.





And my favourite drink with this pan mee will always be the ice chinese tea.



Price for a bowl of "ma lat" fish paste pan mee: RM4.50
I love pan mee's rating: 3.8 / 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment