Saturday, May 30, 2009

I'm a loyal fan here

Just like for example, soccer. There's MU fans and Liverpool fans - and I'm the USJ10 pan mee fan. Here is the only place I eat "ma lat" (spicy) pan mee with chilli sauce.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well I visited Uncle pan mee again today and this time, I brought along a digital camera. After eating the family's pan mee for more than 10 years, this is the first time I took a picture! I kept telling myself that it wouldn't look stupid if I took pictures of pan mee.

I arrived at around 1.30pm and took a seat at the very corner of the kedai. I made sure the table was properly cleaned before ordering. Then my favourite "ma lat" (spicy) pan mee was served - I looked to my left and to my right... no one was watching, so I took out the camera and here are the photos!

Ingredients include: Machine-shredded pan mee, sliced mushrooms, pork dices, preserved vege, cabbage and potato leaves. (Note: If the helper is cooking, make sure you order the machine-shredded pan mee and not the hand-shredded one! She tends to cook too long and it becomes really soft, unless you love it that way.)




The fried anchovy is always placed not in the bowl together with the pan mee, but on a separate sauce plate. Reason is simple, so that the fried anchovy will remain crispy and not soggy! Taste really good too when you pick it up with your fingers and munch munch munch on it.



And this is Uncle pan mee's stall. If you're going to this place for the first time, look for this uncle - he's tall, big and he looks like an ex-wrestler with a white hat.



Price for a bowl of "ma lat" pan mee: RM4.50
I love pan mee's rating: 4.5 / 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment