Tuesday, June 9, 2009

"Oi Sum" pan mee

I LOVE PAN MEE's very own "Oi Sum" (Love) pan mee. Wow! I amaze myself sometimes. Simply because I never really cook, but when I did cook, I will sure miss out an ingredient or two... and that's the oil missing the other day.

Hmmm... my friends said that this is the most important ingredient in cooking, it's like washing your hair without shampoo. And yes, I did not add in oil when I made that teriyaki chicken some time ago. The best part was I didn't even realise until I took a bite. But it's better than Sotong Hoon's fried fish (which she had fried for 2 hours, seriously).

I even made my very own pan mee noodles!


Er... the measurement for each ingredient... I simply one. Trust your instincts :P



You're supposed to beat the eggs and flour with a blender and then um... knead the dough. But since I don't have a blender, I simply used my hands. This is how it looks in the end:


Cover the dough with a piece of wet cloth for 1 hour (according to some internet info).


I purposely bought this RM4+ rolling pin for my "Oi Sum" dough.


Ta daa... my very own "Oi Sum" pan mee :D



Got chilli also.


I put in a whole lot of ingredients for the soup: Chicken bones, chicken meat, anchovies, wolfberries, white pepper, black pepper, salt, ajinomoto, sliced mushrooms, a bit of "mui choy" (salted vege) and "bak choy" (forgot english name).

Why did I add in salted vege? Interesting yea? Because I thought that was "char choy" (forgot english name too). Hey, my very own pan mee is not bad you know, I like the soup very much! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment