Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Bao Bao Restaurant

Lunch was indeed fun with all my BFFs! :D And guess what, I'm gonna make this brief.

I ordered the "Traditional pan mee" and it's actually the clear soup pan mee. You can have the option of hand-shredded, thin or thick noodles - I chose the hand-shredded one. Ingredients include: sliced mushrooms, pork dices, potato leaves, fried anchovies and "muk yue" (chinese black fungus).

At first glance, I thought that this will be a tough shot as the soup was much, much more than the noodles. So I rearranged the anchovies and scooped up more noodles from the bottom to the top. The soup wasn't bad itself cos I kinda like it (no wonder they gave a lot of soup! LOL) Anyway, I tried to take a few pics of my pan mee but sobs, tak jadi! My BFFs were more concern for my camera and they were waiting for it to drop into the soup. Look how my pics turned out:


The hand-shredded pan mee was a bit hard to eat though - cos too big piece! No good no good. My mouth so small... :S


Then Backseat Radio's pan mee came and I kidnapped his bowl for more interesting pics! His pan mee was definitely much, much better than mine.


The service... um, can't comment much cos it was lunch time, so be sure to know what you wanna eat and order yours ASAP to avoid waiting too long. They did however forgot Starwarsilike's "kon-lo" pan mee, so he waited quite long.

Finally, I can eat my pan mee! So happy... then I munch munch munch... and suddenly I saw something black. I thought how come got burnt pan mee one? Upon closer inspection, I saw a big head and legs!!! Aha! New ingredient! So I called the waiter and asked him "Why my pan mee so interesting today one? Tuesday specials?" He immediately apologised and took the bowl back. Um... after 2 minutes, my pan mee came back! Wow, suddenly so fast service and I happy again. But Starwarsilike's pan mee was lost in the galaxy somewhere I think, he was still waiting. The force just wasn't with him.



And this is a MUST-HAVE! Fried er... hmmm... fish something. (Must ask Starwarsilike - his fav!). It's crispy and crunchy and tasty. Don't ever forget this ultimate dish!



Here are some random pics at Bao Bao:
Er... poster! The 2 separate pics are supposed to be a 1-piece poster, but I don't take vertical pictures.



Colourful menus!


Red spoons, black chopsticks - classic!


Thank you chilli! You are so red and you taste sooooooo good!


This is chilli padi. I didn't eat but I'm sure it's spicy.


Last but not least, gu-lou-yuk association caught on camera slurping pan mee sedap!


So... if you're at Aman Suria, give the fried fish something a try, I'm serious. It's good. Here's the map:


Price for a bowl of pan mee: RM6.20 (set meal)
I love pan mee's rating: 2.9 / 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment